Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bernie the Bonsai

My grandma has the greenest thumb on this planet.  She can bring back to life any plant in any stage of decomposition. It amazes me every time.  Her house resembles a small rainforest with different varieties of plants scattered all over the place.  However for every plant she rescued and nursed back to health, i probably destroyed.  Apparently "green thumb" is not genetic.  I once had a "living rock" which i bought from the NY Botanical Garden in the Bronx and that too died on me.  Not easily discouraged, I am on a mission to successfuly grow and care (and hopefully not kill) for a plant.  Yesterday I saw this great looking Ficus Ginseng bonsai and now it sits in my office in a brightly lit area, but not in direct sunlight (as per the instructions).  Watering is minimal, but misting is a must once or twice per day.  I named the bonsai Bernie.

In my office, September 2011
Any helpful suggestions about bonsai care is greatly appreciated!! I definitely need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...