Friday, September 7, 2012

Obsession: Ballpoint Art

Today's feature is a 29 year old from Portugal: Samuel Silva. His paintings just happen to be done by a lawyer who is passionate about drawing and not a trained artist. Oh and by the way every single drawing is done with BIC pens, no other materials just your regular ballpoint pens. I have never seen anything this amazing.
Redhead Girl by Samuel Silva - 30 hours to complete

Tiger by Samuel Silva - 20 hours to complete

Margay Cat by Samuel Silva - 10 hours to complete

Girl With a Pearl Earring by Samuel Silva - 45 hours to complete

Jaguar by Samuel Silva - 15 hours to complete

Palace garden in Kyoto, Japan by Samuel Silva - 20 hours to complete

Bald Eagle by Samuel Silva - 8 hours to complete
Cat Face by Samuel Silva - time to complete uknown
Sitting Toad by Samuel Silva - 12 hours to complete
I'm also including a section from his profile that addresses some of the FAQ's:

FAQ: Due to hundreds of questions and my lack of time to answer them all here are the answers for the most frequently asked:

Q:How many colors do you have and what pens are these?
A: I have 8 colored Bic ballpoint pens, for this I used 6 of them plus black. They are just common everyday ballpoint pens.
Q: Where do you get them? I have never seen them.
A: Staples, Ebay, Amazon, and pretty much any good office supply store, just because you haven't noticed them before doesn't mean they don't exist.
Q: Do you use any other medium mixed with the ballpoint pens? 
A: No, I just use ballpoint pens for these drawings. Everything is 100% ballpoint pen.
Q: How do you mix the colors? How do you blend them? 
A: I don't mix them nor blend them. Ballpoint pen ink dries instantly and can not be erased. I just cross hatch the different colors in layers to create the illusion of blending and the illusion of colors I don't actually have.
Q: Are you a professional Artist?
A: No, I'm just a lawyer, art is just a hobby for me, although it takes from 5 to 50 hours to finish each drawing. I started drawing when I was 2.

These literally knocked my socks off!!!

For more images or to become a fan of his work please go here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...