Monday, November 5, 2012

The Power is Back

I'm so glad to have the power back and the heat as well. I have learned an old trick that if your gas is still on during a power loss you should bring pots of water to a boil for a few hours and the temperature will rise about 5 degrees (you need to repeatedly add water as it evaporates so don't fall asleep). I know it's not the ideal way to stay warm, but when the weather outside drops below 40 degrees you need to get a bit creative.

Here are a few pictures I shot once it was safe to go outside after Hurricane Sandy. We (thankfully) did not get the brunt of the storm, it is heartbreaking to see the photos of people in Southern Jersey, Staten Island, Queens and Brooklyn who have lost homes and those photos are devastating. There are no words...

























all photos by me

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...