Monday, January 21, 2013

Reading Right Now

I'm so excited to be expanding my home library. While growing up my Dad had hundreds of books which he collected over many years and I was encouraged to read, read, read! As I settle into my own home I want to follow my Dad's traditions and build my own library.

This week I picked up a very cool book: The Oprah Winfrey Show: Reflections on an American Legacy by Deborah Davis. It is still available on Amazon for $20 here. I found my copy in the miscellaneous section of my local Home Goods.

The book is filled with hundreds of photographs, capturing 25 years of the show. Some memorable and some important to Oprah herself. According to her publicist she was very hands-on during the approval process and conception.


My favorite quote from the book is 
"Read, read, read. Read everything."
- William  Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...